Smart Travel Tips
1. Check the latest travel advice for your destination and subscribe to receive a free email notification every time you wish to travel to a destination.
2. Take out comprehensive travel insurance and ensure it covers you for the places you plan to visit and the things you plan to do.
3. Before travelling overseas register your travel plans and contact details online or at the local Australian embassy, high commission or consulate once you arrive so we can contact you in case of an emergency.
4. Know the rules and regulation of the country; you’re visiting even if these seem harsh or unfair by Australian standards.
5. Make sure that you have the valid visas for the countries you are visiting.
6. Make copies of your passport details, insurance policy, traveller’s cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
7. Check with health professionals for information on recommended vaccinations and other health precautions. Remember that vaccinations can be an entry requirement for some countries.
9. stay connected with your friends and family back home and give them a copy of your travel itinerary, so they know where you are.